Sunday, February 26, 2012

18 days

Since I am leaving the country in less than 3 weeks, I have had a lot of questions about how I feel. About the process, the impending cultural mind-warp, the food, the dress--everything. I have not been able to put pen to paper or fingers to white square contraptions and epitomize what is going on in my head. Am I scared? Nervous? Anxious? Excited? If I am, why? If I'm not... I probably should be.

I decided today that I am ready to not hurry up and wait anymore. I have invested 3 years of my life more or less waiting for something bigger to happen, for something to swoop in and change my life. Push me into the pool, up the mountain, etc. These past 3 years I have known exactly what that big event or whatever would be, and I've been crossing the i's and dotting the t's (no, wait, that's not right...)

I'm done with the talking and the chatting and the "are you ready, steady Freddy?" I'd like to stop---no, wait, cut down on the planning and plotting nonsense. I had a list of things I want to do before leaving Colorado, but I'm happily stuck in a pattern of going from yoga to teaching to Capoeira, and I'm going to miss it. The longer I stay and grow these roots, the harder it is to be replanted someplace else.

Let's goooo!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment