Sunday, February 19, 2012

Ready Steady Freddy

I always knew I led a fortunate life. This past week shown me exactly how fortunate I am with the people I know. It's pretty amazing; I've had great meals with coworkers and friends, and I'm lucky enough that the two terms overlap. I flew across the country to spend the weekend with my cousin, my closest family member. ....Unless you're another family member reading this, in which case that previous statement was a lie. I am leaving soon for brunch with family members that I won't get to see for 2 1/2 years, but I get to see today--because it's not that hard to get a plane ticket across the country.

I got to spend this weekend in NYC seeing this guy Jeremy Lin play, which apparently is a big deal. I will be trying a few more Capoeira classes around the city, which may even leave some time for salsa dancing! I get to see Katina & Brox & maybe even Gabby and Robyn. After Wednesday, I return to Colorado for a week and a half before I leave yet again! 5 days in SoCal, visiting Austin and going to some relaxing, beautiful place north of San Diego. Maybe even going to the San Diego Zoo! (life goal right here) Back to Colorado for 2 more weeks, have some kind of party, then off to staging on March 18th. Day and half later, we get on a bus and head to JFK, where we fly to Casablanca, Morocco. It might be getting close to the leave date, but I'm going out in style.

Between reading the blogs, newspaper articles, and watching youtube videos, I keep wondering if I'm up for all this. I know I must be, since I will continue to do it anyway, regardless.

On a side note, on my main website I will be keeping track of training for the Marrakesh Marathon! samanthaginsburg.com/marathon

Reading previous blogs I've made and used for my travels makes me homesick for Istanbul... I plan to take up any opportunities to travel with volunteers as I can! Seems like other Peace Corps Volunteers have the same bug for traveling as me, which is awesome. I will offer to be the chaperone/guide on everyone's trips to Istanbul!

No comments:

Post a Comment